Sunday, October 19, 2014

Halloween **Birds of a Feather**

I have a hard time doing Halloween pages, mostly because I am into Halloween colors and ideas leading up to it, but after it I am gearing up for Christmas.  So when Halloween day comes I get my picture of the kids, and then I am over Halloween.  So now I have years worth of pictures that the colors are all wonky and the images are blurred from the kids moving around because they are so excited to go to each of the houses, that I really have not done much with these pictures.  Then I saw Linda's "Little Spook" layout and poof it hit me, why not black and white or sepia for the pictures of the kids?  Make them neutral so the pictures don't fight with the colors of the papers, if they are blurry I thought so who cares it adds to the story of the night, and with 3 pictures and lots of kids and movement I wanted to keep the layout simple.


I really wanted to keep the layout about the pictures and the stories about the pictures, not over power them or add too much to them.  I took a very different route to my layout this time, very traditional and even printing out a lengthy journal story from my computer to fit even more story on the layout.  Add in a large title sticker and those fun little cat stickers from the October Birds of a Feather Kit and poof a cute little Halloween page!!  
October 2014 Kit-October Halloween cat black brick echo park thirty-one apothecary frightful brimstone arsenic lace my minds eye reminisce
October Birds of a Feather Kit
October 2014 Extra Patterned Paper-my minds eye pumpkins echo park arsenic lace spooky icons halloween october patterned paper extra
October Birds of a Kit Extra Papers

Below is the journaling I wrote on the page in larger size but the same font

This was the beginning of Morgan’s stretch of Star Wars costumes.  In 2011 he was General Grevious, 2012 he was Luke Skywalker, and 2013 he was Captain Rex complete with a sound effects blaster.  Mike brought home the Captain Rex mask from deployment, and Morgan fell in love with it, so needless to say we had to get Brandon something just as cool and he got a very fun Spiderman mask the same year. 
Brandon was a spider in 2011, then a tiger in 2012, and then Spiderman; I am starting to see an animal theme here!!   The spider costume was the only thing he would keep on that year, and when he saw the tiger costume nothing else would do.  In 2013 he started to fall in love with superheroes, so Spiderman it was complete with red light wrist web cuffs.
Catherine started out as a cute little cupcake in 2012, but she tore at her costume and only wore it for a whopping 15 minutes as it is just too hot in Houston in Oct.  In 2013 I got her an adorable ladybug costume complete with a little headband, tutu, and wings – she hated it as you can see from the picture of her trying to escape (this was the best shot I could get).  The wings lasted the length of the picture then off they came!!
The first two pictures are in our house in Missouri City, TX.  Our neighborhood was very hit and miss, lots of dark houses and odds candies, complete with candy canes being given out.  In 2013 we had just moved to Pflugerville, and we were just wowed by the explosion of community out to Trick or Treat (picture the movie ET), you could not ask for a better Halloween experience than this!!

Supplies Used
Patterned Papers -  Echo Park & MME - Oct Birds of a Feather Kit
Cardstock - American Crafts  - Oct Birds of a Feather Kit
Cardstock Stickers - Reminisce -  Oct Birds of a Feather Kit
3D sticker - Little B -  Oct Birds of a Feather Kit

Alpha Stickers - American Crafts - Sept Birds of a Feather Kit
Font - Chiller - MS Word
Ink - Prima
Adhesive - Scotch & Beacon
Trimmer - Fiskars 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...