Friday, April 17, 2015

Mining Tour **Canvas Home Basics & 7 Gypsies & Tattered Angels & Tombow**

On a trip to Colorado we took a small day trip to a old mining camp.  We got to pan for gold and copper, and actually go in the mine to see how it worked from 150 years ago until the mine closed 50 years ago.  My kids had a blast seeing how everything work, especially panning for "gold",  The American Vintage Collection was perfect for this layout as our tour and experience was all about Vintage America!!  My picture we nothing like what you see, the kids were all wearing all bright colors, and the mining hats and clothes were all bright yellow, they did not go at all with the colors of the papers.  So I printed all the pictures in black and white (but this did not look good either) and instead of wasting more ink or money printing I used my chalk ink in a light brown and turned each photo in a vintage look by inking over the entire front of the picture, note to self to print in sepia next time!!

mining - w

I love the concept of the papers with the experience we had while on this little fun trip.  I used the "Go and See" for the wonderful quotes and sayings, the front and back of the "Across the USA" for little words and also as the background page, various American Vintage cards and tags, and even the wonderful Gypsy Moments Cards work wonderfully with this collection too!!

19553-Am-Vintage-12x12-Across-USA-Back
 19555-Am-Vintage-12x12-Go-See-Front
American Vintage Stuff 1
19553-Am-Vintage-12x12-Across-USA-Front
18058-GM-Cards-Travel-Log-3.5x4-10-pieces
I loved the idea of pointing to the location of trip on the map, so I used the cap from the Black Magic Glimmer mist and coated it with the liquid and create a ring around the location.  I then used 2 "vintage" 7 Gypsies arrows (see even the retired items rock) to emphasis the point.

mining 1

I used a lot of other wonderful 7 Gypsies, Canvas Home Brands, and Tattered Angels products on this layout including manila envelopes, white cord rope, cardboard flute tiles, various washi tapes, keys, red clothespins, silver metal studs, burlap flag mini shapes, Black Magic Glimmer mist, Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist, and Plain Jane Red Rose Spray.

vin 2

I love the striking look of the red with the vintage feel of the papers, and to have the clothespins hold up my pictures look so cute!!  To darken the red a bit I just inked the top with some light brown ink. I also wanted a darker feel behind the pictures so I sprayed the burlap flags with Black Magic Glimmer Mist and darkened the white cord the same way.  I used may payers of the washi tapes (some from Canvas Home Basics and some from my stash) to create the base for the hanging pictures so they were not just floating on the layout.

mining 2

I found this "vintage" 7 Gypsies metal "share" in my stash and had to use it, it worked so well with the cut out word moments to say "share moments" - how fun!!

mining 3

Supplies Used
Cardstock – Core’dinations
Patterned Papers  – 7 Gypsies
Journal Cards/Ephemera – 7 Gypsies
Metals – 7 Gypsies
Fibers – Canvas Home Basics
Clothespins – Canvas Home Basics
Cardboard - Canvas Home Basics
File Folders - Canvas Home Basics
Burlap - Canvas Home Basics
Paints/Mists – Tattered Angels
Washi Tape - Canvas Home Basics & Prima
Ink – Prima
Doily - Recollections
Wood - Pink Paislee
Adhesive - Tombow
 Enjoy!!
spring sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...