Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Happy Birthday - Card **Gauche Alchemy**

I wanted to create a card for my mom that is elegant and special for her birthday, as she is one of the few people I know of that saves every card she is ever given, she even pulls out the ones that mean a lot to her year after year to put on display for that event.  It is one of the many reasons I put a lot of effort into creating a card for her, not only because she is my mom and does so much for me but because I know she appreciates them.


 I used the wonderful September kit "Kokeshi" from Gauche Alchemy to create this card.  I started with a kraft base, then layered it with the pearlescent white paper and then lots of layers of the Japanese book pages.  Each layer I inked along the edges to give them a more distressed look.  I then took a strip of the fabric along the middle, added in my own flowers and bling on top of the purple lace ribbon from the kit I made into a bow.  I then wrote out happy birthday on a spare part of the Japanese book page.

It is a very thick card, but I am hand delivering it and do not intend on placing it in an envelope to squish it, more than likely it will end on on her table for years to come.


Supplies Used

Kokeshi Kit (September) - fabric, lace ribbon, papers, book pages

Flowers, Leaves, and Bling - Recollections
Adhesive - Martha Stewart
Pen - Recollections
Ink - Ranger

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...