Thursday, July 11, 2013

2013 Tri Fold Mini **Flamingo Scraps and Memory Maze**

Every year I make a mini album for the grandparents of the kids from the past year.  I do all kinds of different things, this year I found two identical tri-fold mini's in my scrap drawer I had forgotten about as I was purging and packing my scrap apace for our up coming move.  They are from a kit a friend had given me (2 identical kits) that were so old that they stickers in the kit had lost their stickiness, i think the kits are circa 2000 or earlier.  So I salvaged the tri-fold part and set forth to make the ancient become new.  

I used the wonderful bright colors of the Christmas kit from Flamingo Scraps, and since I was only covering the fronts of each of the tri-fold it was easy to make identical pages for each grandparent, why recreate the wheel twice?  I did have to alter the flower and brad colors, but everything else is identical.


So here are the bases for the minis I am giving the grandparents.  The only addition is pictures (I have not done it yet since the year is not over yet), and since I have three children with me, one girl and 2 boys, the boys get the green and blue sides and the girl gets the pink and red in the middle.

I added to the left side the wonderful Memory Maze chipboard.  By accident I flipped one of the flourishes upside down when I painted it (painted with gelatos and water), but now I can't decide which direction I like more, they both look great.



Memory Maze Chipboard Supplies

Flourish Corner Small Pkt 2 - S0524

Supplies Used

Cardstock and Patterend Paper - Carta Bella

Chipboard - Memory Maze

Flowers - Prima

Brads - Carta Bella

Ribbon/charm/gems - other

Ink/paint - Faber Castel and Prima


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...