Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Coloring Diamond Mesh **Birds of a Feather** a Tutorial

I just love this inverted rhinestone mesh we got in our October Birds of a Feather Kit.  It is not real rhinestones, but instead a plastic with facets connected with threads.  This makes it super easy to cut apart, simple scissors will do the job nicely!!  You can cut out strands, singles, squares, really any variety you wish.  In this tutorial I will show you how easy it is to color the mesh rhinestones to give them even more versatility!!


Coloring Diamond Mesh Tutorial

1) Supplies - Diamond mesh, Bic Mark-it (other pens work, but not Sharpie it wipes off).
2) Cut of the section with scissors you wish from the mail roll, I cut out a section 10 long by 1 wide.


3) Using your marker lightly color the inside of the gem, I used black, but play with the colors and hacve fun!!  I just did the large center, but you can do the entire flower if you wish.  Do not color too much as it will start to wipe off before it dries.  If you want to add a second coat after the first coat dries (about 30 sec) to fill in any gaps or go for it!!


4) Now you have a new gem to fit the color scheme of your project!!


I used this particular set of colored gems on my Boo Jars - here is a little sneak peak - come back on Oct 16th so see the entire jar and the other two I made with the Oct Birds of a Feather Kit!!


Supplies
Diamond mesh - Mon Ami Gabbi - Oct Birds of a Feather Kit
Marker - Bic
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...