Thursday, October 16, 2014

Boo Jars **Birds of a Feather**

It seems as though Halloween has turned into into a holiday almost as big as Christmas for decorating and gifts which suits me just fine, I love to make fun gifts!!  So with this thought in mind I am making fun little Halloween gifts for my kids teachers - Boo Jars!!


When I saw the October Birds of a Feather kit and the fun label stickers, I thought JARS!!   I have all of these glass jars that I hate to throw away left from pickles, jam, spreads, mustard, and more.  They are all great sizes and shapes and I thought how easy it would be to do my own candy jars for each of the kids' teachers.

I really wanted to match the colors of the jar labels, from top to bottom with the papers, and working with this Oct BOAF kit made is too easy!  For the first jar I used the red side of the damask paper, lined it with a simple black cardstock, and used a red and black hue stickers that fit the size of the jar on the lid and the side as it was tall and skinny.  Then I used the wonderful diamond mesh and wrapped it around the top and bottom of the paper on the jar.  To see how I color the mesh diamonds please see my tutorial here.


For the second jar I used the purple side of the damask paper and then used stickers with a purple and green hue on them that also fit the size of the jar.  The lid on this jar was larger so the circle sticker fit wonderfully!!  This time I left the diamond mesh plain as a contrast to the gems being on the black cardstock.


For the last jar I could not just wrap  the paper around the jar like the others, so I cut out small rectangles to fit, used a corner rounder to soften the edges of the papers and again added in single plain diamond mesh flower to the top and bottom of each of the 5 sections without the front label sticker.  For the stickers I used a red and black color scheme, and both labels had something to do with cats written or drawn on them for fun!!


I did not include them in the pictures above due to the colors, but I then added in candy corn as the gift to each of the teachers.  Not only do they get a very wickedly special Halloween jar to use on their desk for odds and ends, but they get some fun candy too!!

Supplies Used
Patterned Papers -  Reminisce - Oct Birds of a Feather Kit
Cardstock - American Crafts  - Oct Birds of a Feather Kit
Cardstock Stickers - Reminisce -  Oct Birds of a Feather Kit

Rhinestone Mesh - Mon Ami Gabbi -  Oct Birds of a Feather Kit
Ink - Prima
Pen - Bic
Jar - other
Adhesive - Tombow
Trimmer - Fiskars
 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...