Friday, June 24, 2016

Seashell Necklace & Bracelet **Makin's Clay & Tattered Angels & Beacon**

My daughter has been bugging me to play with my "playdoh" again - aka Makin's Clay mostly so she could play too (she loves to play wit the tools).  So when we pulled it all out I asked her what should we make, and her response was a bracelet, well I had to make a necklace to go with it.



So since I got my package of Makin's Clay I have had this itch to try and make canes, they look so cool, but with the air dry clay and how soft it is it can be a bit of a challenge - but I took it on!!  In the video below you will see how I made the clay canes and also how I turned them into beads along with some seashell beads to make it all about the beach and summer.


Once the beads had set for a couple of days to harden I could start stringing them to make the necklace and bracelets - and with some extra silver and blue beads I was able to make 1 necklace, 4 kids sized bracelets, and one tiny bracelet for my daughters baby doll.  Below is my tips and tricks for making the jewelry. 

So now she has a cute little bracelet and necklace set ready for this summer and I have 3 for my nieces to give them next month - now to make something for my nephews...



Supplies
Paint - DecoArt 
Glaze - Tattered Angels
Beads - other
Hemp - Recollections
Stretch String - Stretch Magic
Glue - Beacon
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...