I wanted to give something special to my kids teachers, not just the present but also the packaging it came it. I had these 2 red bags from a hair salon that I could cover up their logo (only on the front) and create a fancy decorated bag. I love the feel of red, black, and white together, it strikes me as so elegant and regal and paired with the Paper House Colorways Noir Collection of papers it was perfect!!
1) Cut out your choice of Colorways Noir background paper (I chose Noir Birchwood and Bokeh - the backsides of each for the zebra and houndstooth prints) and to 8' x 10' and ink edges in black and adhere using the Xyron Tape Runner to front of the bag.
2) Cut a large doily in half and glue using the Xyron Tape Runner to the right side of the background paper.
3) Cut out 2 strips in coordinating Colorways Noir papers (I used left overs of the background papers and also a section of Noir Ironworks) of your choice in 2' x 8' and 3' x 8', ink edges in black, and layer on top of each other. This is the middle section.
4) Wrap the layered middle section with black and white butchers twine and glue using Xyron Tape Runner to the bag as seen.
5) Using Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist in Crimson spray 2 times under the section where the flower and leaves will be and then pull out the pump applicator and flick drops on to the background. Let it dry completely.
6) Using Die~Namites Die in "Lilacs" cut 2 dies, one in black cardstock and one in white cardstock. Using the NEW Xyron Creative Station with the Permanent Adhesive Cartridge to apply adhesive to the back of the intricate die-cut adhere to the bag as seen.
7) Glue a large red flower to the bag using a good wet glue.
The bag your gift your gift in can be just as much of a present as the gift it self, plus this bag can be reused over and over again!!
Twine - Maya Road
Flower - Prima
Doily - Recollections