Friday, October 23, 2015

Halloween Candy Bottles **CCB & Deflecto**

I love to give a little gift to my kids teachers for the holidays, it could be a card, box, or something a bit different.  This time I had a bunch of bottles that I used up around the same time (hot sauce, vinegar, etc) and thought "I can up-cycle these into something cute".  From that came these cute little candy bottles for my kids teachers for Halloween.


Candy Bottle Directions

1) My only deciding factor in the bottles I choose was did it have a screw cap and could a pieces of candy corn be put into the top.  This gave me 4 bottles to use, perfect for the number of teachers I had to give to!

2) I started out soaking the bottles with vinegar and water to get all the reside and smell of the previous foods that were in there and to help peel off the labels from the outside of the bottles.I then left them to dry for a couple of days with the lids off.

3) I then cut sheets of paper to cover the bottom of the bottle, before it curved up, so just the straight edge in 3 different Haunt it Collection from Canvas Home Basics  - Haunt It: Orange and Black Stitched Diamond on Kraft, Haunt It: Cats, Hats, and Bats on Kraft, and Orange and Ivory Chevron.  I inked all the edges of the in black ink and glued them to the bottles with Beacon 3 in 1 glue.

http://shop.canvascorpbrands.com/


4) I then cut up labels for the front of the bottles from the CCB Haunt It: Tags on Kraft, inked the edges, and glue them to the front of the bottles.  I picked the tags that would fit the size of the bottles, but they are all super cute!!

http://shop.canvascorpbrands.com/

 

5) I wrapped the tops of the bottles in CCB hemp rope in black, orange, and grey (pulling the strands apart so they would not be as thick when wrapping them).  I added a little wet erase tag from Deflecto as they could rewrite the "to" and "from" and reuse the gift if they wanted.  I just added the tag in as I wrapped the rope around the bottle about half way down the neck.  I again use Beacon 3 in 1 glue to hold the rope to the bottle.


http://shop.canvascorpbrands.com/

http://www.deflecto.com/products/pc/Sign-Tags-w-Wet-Erase-Marker-184p1049.htm#.VikNuSu1Nyo


6) One of the caps to the bottles was a bright blue and it really did not go with the colors of the papers or the candy.  Do I just painted it with the Tattered Angels DIY paint in Ebony.  It covered it up beautifully an you cannot even tell it was blue anymore!!

http://shop.canvascorpbrands.com/





7) Fill your bottles with Halloween candy of your choice, I picked Candy Corn as it just screams Halloween more then other candies!!  Now just to give them to the teachers!!  Trick or Treat!!




Supplies Used
Bottles
Tags - Deflecto
Ink - Prima
Adhesive - Beacon 
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...