Monday, February 9, 2015

Love ***Imagination Crafts & Unique Laser Designs** w/Tutorial

With Valentines Day coming up I wanted to make a sweet card for my wonderful husband.  He is the world to me.  He is my best friend, the love of my life, and completely balances me in every way.  Who could ask for more!?!



I just love the stamp from Imagination Crafts, it just begged to be made into a card, and the feel of the design is love - perfect!!  In the tutorial below I will explain how I used the stamp, Mica powders, and Wood to create this wonderful card for my husband!!

Uses of Mica Powders Tutorial

1) I first started off with the large square stamp with the flowers and writing.  I used the red and brown powders seen below and inking the stamp with VersaMark I stamped the image on cream cardstock and used red on the flowers section of the stamp and brown not the script using a brush to apply the powder to to the image.  I then cut this image out.


2) I then stamped the flowers and vines the same as the large image - vines in brown and flowers in red powder.  I then fussy cut these items out and placed them on the card as seen and added a little bit of detail sparkle in a dark red to the flower's centers.



3) Now for the wood.  I used two different types of wood items the "LOVE" title and two little hearts from Unique Laser Designs.  The have a beautiful natural finish, but I wanted them to fit with the colors of the card so I again used the Mica Powder to cover them.
http://www.uniquelaserdesigns.com/#!valentines-day/cnx3http://www.uniquelaserdesigns.com/#!valentines-day/cnx3

4) I used the same application as the stamps, press the wood into the VersaMark ink and apply the powder with a brush, this time in red for all the wood.


5) I use a small brush to first apply the powder to the sticky wood to coat it.


6) I then use a larger brush to brush away the extra powder.  The shine on these is beautiful!!




Valentine's Day is coming up really soon, don't forget to make something special for those that you love!!

Supplies used
Cardstock - Bazzill
Wood - Unique Laser Designs
Mica - Imagination Crafts
Stamps - Imagination Crafts
Glitter - Imagination Crafts
Ink - Tsukineko & Prima
Adhesive - Scotch
Brushes
Scissors & Trimmer - Fiskars

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...