Sunday, August 17, 2014

Bon Voyage **Just Imagine & Birds of a Feather**

During the four summers in college from 1997-2000 I went out to sea on the Texas Clipper II earning sea time for my third mates license.  We went to many ports of call all over the Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean, Europe, Eastern Seaboard, North America, Canada, Central America, and South America.  Bring out at sea was so beautiful and calming.  Nothing like the night sky.


I love these papers from the July Birds of a Feather kit.  They are just so nautically perfect!! I added in the pennant banners for the title to tie in the flags from the ship behind me in the picture, the feel of the chart paper int eh background, the rope flower behind the picture, just keeping with a very nautical feel to the page.
July 2014 Extra Embellishments 1-Embellishments Authentique stickers burlap ribbon July red white blue anchor
July Add On
July 2014 Extra Patterned Paper-authentique carta bella extra paper patterned july
July Add On
I used the same Kreaxions 920 punch from Just Imagine all along the edges of the the layout with out any insert.  I did "half way" punching of the stars to leave an imprint of the star shape but not punching it completely out, in a sense embossing it into the paper.  I then took Stormy Sky Ranger Stain and rubbed it on top of the impression to make it pop off the page.  I then punched out complete stars from the same 920 punch from scraps of the same papers on the page and scattered them around the right side of the layout.

Oh how beautiful it was to be out at sea at night with all those stars - so relaxing and I miss it so!

Supplies Used
Flower - Recollections
Stain - Ranger
Twine - American Crafts
Pen - Marvy Uchida
Adhesive - 3M
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Erin, love your layout...and the story...sounds like you've got strong sea legs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...