Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Art of Tearing Paper - A Tutorial **Birds of a Feather**


Did you ever know there were different ways to tear paper, depending on which hand you tear with (or side of the paper) gave you a different look?  Now you can learn!!  We were given all these beautiful Core'dinations papers that are just begging to be torn due tho the different cores they have, plus the torn papers just go with the style of the August Kit from Birds of a Feather.
 

Above you can see the the difference in the look of the paper after tearing, I do not use any special tools or anything, just the side I tore the paper on.  On the left you see torn edges but you do not see the core.  On the right side you see the core.  Both look great, it really all depends on what kind of look you want.

Method 1 - Core visible after tearing


The portion I tear is the part I throw away, so what I left is the part of the paper I want to use.  So I am throwing the paper on the right and keeping the one on the left.  Another way of thinking about it is to make sure the side of the paper I want to use is facing me and tear along the right side only. 




If I want to tear along all the edges of the paper, I keep turning the paper so I tear only on the right side throwing away the right side of the paper keeping the left.

 
Method 2 - Core NOT visible after tearing


This time you tear on the left side, so you are tearing the paper towards you same as above but this time the paper you are tearing down is the one you want to keep, not the one you are throwing away.  So keep the right throw away the left.  Another way of thinking about it is to make sure the side of the paper I want to use is facing me and tear along the right side only.


If I want to tear along all the edges of the paper, I keep turning the paper so I tear only on the left side throwing away the left side of the paper keeping the right.


Here you can see the difference between tearing on the right or the left side of the paper.  It is the same tear, just one way the core is on the top so you can see it and the other the core is on the bottom so it hides.


Here is a peak of one of my layouts using the tearing method 1 - having the core visible.  This gave me the ability to ink the edges giving even more texture to the page.

August 2014 Kit-August Kaisercraft sparkle bling glitter rhinestones Marion Smith Hazel sequins dots mesh chalk pencil
August Birds of Feather Kit


Enjoy!!
http://scraps-of-reflections.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...