Sunday, June 15, 2014

Vintage **Birds of a Feather & Just Imagine & Robin's Nest** with button tutorial

I wanted to make a card for my father, but not in the traditional sense.  It does not say "Happy Father's Day" on it, instead it has the title "Authentic Vintage goods"  because he is.  When I saw the stickers I loved it and had to use it in some way - it was just too good.


I used the wonderful Kreaxions punch 905 with the A insert and the Star template to create the beautiful doily on the backdrop of the "Vintage" sticker.  It fit so perfectly and made this card really pop.  I also use the same punch to the horizontal strip.  I then added in the little Dew Drops from Robin's Nest to make it soar of the page!!

http://www.justimaginecrafts.com/catalog/http://www.justimaginecrafts.com/catalog/

 
I love the look of buttons on projects, but I hate when they get rotated or move around and look wobbly.  I want them to look as though they are apart of the project, not just stuck on there.  Below are a few tips I use when I use buttons on my projects.

Button Tips

1) I love buttons, but i hate when they wobble on my projects.  My solution is to sew the buttons directly to my page so they are more firmly attached, and also so they don't pop off and as an added bonus it helps hold the project together.

2) Using a mouse pad or foam sheet below the project I place the buttons where I want them to go on the project.  I then take my needle and thread and poke holes through the paper into the mouse pad (I use the mouse pad for all my piercing paper jobs) where the buttons are going to be placed.


3)  I use plain scotch tape on the back to hold the thread, so you don't have a bumpy knot on the back, plus it helps hold the thread in place so it won't pull through the paper.  I sometimes use tape over the entire threaded area for more support so it does not pull the holes to big.


4) The finished buttons look so nice and they are firmly attached to your project.   You can leave them as is at this point, and you can use any type of color of thread you wish, or you can top them with something.


5) I chose to make little bows out of embroidery floss.  I use the two bunny ear method to making a bow (hold two loops in your hand and tie them together) so the tails end up both facing down.  The other method of making a bow has one tail up and one tail down.


6) Glue you bows to the top of your button and you are done!!


Project made the wonderful Birds of a Feather June Kit!!


June 2014 Kit-june kit we memory keepers farmers market burlap bouquets fancy pants petaloo berry cluster embossed stickers wood buttons



Don't forget to thank all the men in your life!!

Supplies Used
Cardstock - We R Memory Keepers - Birds of a Feather June Kit
Patterned Paper -  We R Memory Keepers - Birds of a Feather June Kit
Stickers -  We R Memory Keepers - Birds of a Feather June Kit
Buttons -  Maya Road - Birds of a Feather June Kit
Punch & Template - Just Imagine
Dew Drops - Robin's Nest
Floss - DMC
Ink - Prima
Cardboard - DCWV
Adhesive - Scotch
Staples

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...