Thursday, October 11, 2012

Quick Thank You Baby Cards **Momenta and FD** with tutorial

As some of you may know, and why I have not been on-line much in the last little while, I had my baby girl!!  Her name is Catherine Anna and she was born Aug 20, 2012.  She is doing great, and her big brothers love her.  So due to popular demand here are some of her pictures.

2 days old

Morgan and Brandon with Cat at 2 days old

Daddy and Catherine


Last Family Pic before deployment - 2 weeks old


Last day with Daddy


6 weeks old

I want to give a huge thank you to everyone who has helped in any way - from presents, e-mails, food, being with us, support, and love.......THANK YOU!!

So now on to business, with so many lovely gifts, cards, and other fun things that have come our way I am trying to get back into my scrappy ways....and let me tell you, it is hard!  Between the deployment of my husband and the new baby on top of the boys, my time is down to nothing, but I am getting my scrappy urges back and with tons of great pictures I can't wait!  So I started off with something simple, CARDS.

I had a bunch of thank you cards to give out, so I made life simple and created a card sketch to create all my cards from.  I did not have to use the same papers or stickers/embellishments, but the idea was the same.


Tutorial/Tricks to make a lot of cards fast for little $$

From this sketch I created 8 different cards.  This is a simple and easy way to get a lot of cards done in a short amount of time.  

1)  Find a simple sketch, or create one.
2) Use a paper pack to have multiple papers to choose from.  I used a baby kit from Momenta to create all of these.
3) Don't feel like you have to use the exact same papers for all the cards, change it up for some fun!  I used 3 different background papers and 2 different strips for my cards.
4) Use pre-scored cards with envelops from a store like Michaels (usually 25 to a pack for like $3), then just glue your background to the front of the card.
5) Mass produce by cutting all of the same size papers at one time, don't create one card then move onto the next, make it assembly style.  Do the same for inking, stamping, and gluing.
6) Use one stamp for the sentiment instead of stickers to help save on cost.
7) Pick out 1 large sticker that fits the theme for each card, they do not have to be the same.









 Momenta Products Used




Enjoy!!

Erin Reed

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. So amazing that you can come up with this with as little sleep as you have gotten!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...