Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - Family year in review


Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year!!  Our year has been eventful, just before the New Year began we had our little Brandon, he was born on December 31, 2009.  Then while we were in the hospital with him our oldest son Morgan had his birthday and he turned 4.  So now since we are almost at the end of the year they are almost 1 and 5.  Time has flown by.

New Years Day 2010

So news about the family, I stay at home with the boys full time and love it.  My time is spent trotting Morgan of to his Pre-K school 2 days a week, Morgan’s extra activities, play groups, and grocery shopping.  Brandon so far gets to tag along with us.  I am very much into scrapbooking as you can see from this blog.  I am a design team member for a couple of on-line scrapbook groups and I also teach scrapbook classes.  Mike has been great to in letting me indulge my hobby so far, but the good news is that my classes that I teach pay for my hobby!!  It has also become my therapeutic outlet, a way for me to calm and center myself, plus a way for me to see pictures of all three of my beautiful children. 


Erin's 31st birthday
Mike is busy working with the Texas National Guard full time.  He just made the rank of Captain a couple weeks ago.  We are hoping that he can stay working with the National Guard, but with the budget cuts and the State of Texas spending less on military we are working contract to contract, and for us that is a month to month worry if he will still have a job.  He loves what he does and it is a great career for him, we just hope that money can be found to pay for him to stay there. 

Mike's Captain Ceremony
 
Morgan and Mike at lazer tag
Morgan is getting so big.  We compared his height to Mike’s height at the same age and Morgan is 6 inches taller, it will be great when he gets older he can reach all the stuff that is just out of my reach in the kitchen!  He loves his school, he goes 2 days a week, and once a week he went to a sports class that taught him all the basics for 8 sports like tennis, golf, soccer, baseball, and basketball just to name a few.  Morgan is so full of energy, I wish I had just a little of it, and loves to play with other kids.  He is very outgoing and loves to talk with people, even perfect strangers.  His favorite things right now are anything to do with bugs, dragons, dinosaurs, dragons, movies, dragons, and did I mention dragons!!  Needless to say this is the dragon Christmas and birthday.  He is so excited that he is turning 5, because next school year he gets to go to kindergarten and with the school (the public school walking distance from the house).
Morgan, Brandon, and Erin playing at the Pool at Grandma Elaine's house

Brandon is growing like a weed.  He is a great baby.  He loves to watch and now try and do everything big brother does, mostly to Morgan’s chagrin.  I am getting lots of “mom he is touching my stuff”.  Brandon is almost walking; he has taken his first few steps, but if it is to far then he just plops down and crawls to his destination.  His newest feat is he is starting to try and climb down the stairs, couches, and beds.  He almost can do it by himself.  He also just cut his third tooth, and the fourth is minutes away from coming in too.  

Brandon at 10 months
Our family is holding up the best it can.  It has its moments of hardship, as this upcoming march will be 2 years since our precious baby Kristen passed away.  Not a moment of the day goes by where I do not wish she is running around with her brothers.

Kristen at 3 months
I hope everyone had a great 2010 and I hope to see as many of you as we can in 2011!!

Christmas 2010

Best wishes, the Reed Family.

Canyon Lake Trip  -  Oct

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful family. Wish we could have our daughters pestering our brothers. Thank for sharing this with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was supposed to say.. pestering 'their' brothers. oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holidays to you and your family Erin. My older son Caleb was born on December 31st too.
    See you at Swirlydoos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing, Erin! I hope you've had a very Merry Christmas and I will see you in the New Year!! Blessings, Lauran

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pictures Erin. I can't believe how big the boys are getting. Have a great New Year and have fun celebrating the boys birthdays - wish them both Happy Birthday from us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas, Erin!! I did not know that you lived here in Texas... We used to live in San Marcos, not far from Canyon Lake... now we are about 30 miles northeast of San Marcos! OMGosh, what a small world.... Hope you and your family have a wonderful year... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Paris (France), I am grateful for your beautiful family. I keep you all in my prayer and wish you a Happy Year 2011. With love, Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...