Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ribbon Star Flowers

I am sure you may have done these before, but here is my take on a cute little ribbon flower.

1. Items you will need.  Ribbon (this about 1 cm in width), paper piercer, brad, and a lighter.



2. Cut your ribbon to about 1 inch in length, you can make it longer if you wish. You will need 5 one inch pieces per flower, I cut enough for 2 flowers here.


3.  When you cut the ribbon it will fray, so I used a lighter and lightly burned both ends of the ribbon so it would not fray or pull apart.



4. Using your paper piercer, pierce one end of the ribbon to make a hole (if you use a mouse pad or foam mat under your ribbon it makes making holes much easier).  The take the ribbon off the piercer and push it onto the the brad in the hole you just made. 


5. Do the same for the rest of the ribbons until you have 5 total on your brad.  Make sure you fan them out so they do not overlap.



I hope you found this useful.  Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. hey Erin thanks for sharing..love the flowers
    and going to try these.
    have a great day
    hugs Fia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO making these today :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...