Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mushroom Cards **Birds of a Feather Kit** with Tutorial

I made this cute little fox card yesterday for my eldest son's teacher, but the problem is I wanted to make more than 1 card since all my kids teachers deserve a card to say thanks, but I did not have the supplies to create 4 exact card.  Here I will show you how to create "replica" cards from inspiration or to make more of the same card you just made with what you have on hand!!



Here is the original Fox card I made from the September Birds of a Feather Kit.  I did delete the twine, staples, and glitter for my duplicate cards to speed up the time it took to complete the cards.





Problem 1 - I only had 1 fox - so I found some other wood I had in my stash - how cute are these little mushrooms?  The rest of the card is the same, yeah another card done!!


Problem 2 - I ran out of the white and black paper in the strips on the right side, but I did find some extra leaf paper so i just revered the white paper layer to the orange side so it would not be white on white, and substitute 2 done, and another card made!!


Problem 3 - Ran out of blue cardstock, so I found a complementary color that worked well with these colors and card 3 done!!

Yeah, 4 cards made for my kids teachers just to say thanks!!  Don't forget to thank your teachers, or anyone else that you feels needs a pat on the back for doing a great job!!

Supplies Used
Cardstock - Bazzill - Sept Birds of a Feather Kit
Patterned Paper - Teresa Collins - Sept Birds of a Feather Kit
Fox Wood - Teressa Collins - Sept Birds of a Feather Kit
Glitter Paste - Bo Bunny - Sept Birds of a Feather Kit
Stamp - Stampin' up
Ink - Prima
Twine - May Arts
Staples
Mushroom Wood - Prima
Adhesive - Scotch & Beacon
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...