I created this layout with a few things in mind. One, for the Swirlydoo Round Robin challenge we have every month, two for Frosted Designs and their rolled paper challenge starting April 27, and just to drop it in really early Scraps with V June inspiration challenge.
Distress Painted Chipboard Tutorial
1) Supplies - chipboard, acrylic paint, paint brush, and ink (I used Distress ink, but any will work)
2) Paint your chipboard your desired color - if you are painting over an existing color you might need more than one coat. Let completely dry before any further steps.
3) Press your finger into the ink (I find brown inks work best) and make sure you have ink on your finger.
4) Transfer the ink from your finger into your dried chipboard. You will see finger print marks (lines from your finger) but that just ass to the effect plus they fade some while drying. Aplly as many coats as you wish, let each coat dry some before the next one or you will just wipe the ink off.
5) Let the ink dry before gluing to your project. You get this really pretty distressed look to your chipboard, in any color arrangement you like - all your need is the paint color and ink!!