Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Card Organizer ***Frosted Designs and SWV*** with tutorial

One of my scrappy friends was making these little albums the last time we met together (thanks Kim)!!.  I was just dumbstruck that had never seen this before, and kicking myself of all the cards I had thrown away over the years that I wished I would have saved, but had no clue how to organize or keep them.  Just think of all those baby cards, wedding cards, anniversary cards, birthday cards, and Christmas cards - not saying you need to keep everything, but some moments we must treasure and keep!!

This super easy and cute organizer is so simple - and you can make it any style, shape, size that suits your needs.  I made this cover for the Frosted Designs challenge o use a transparency on your project.  I hope you can head on over and take a look!!



Card Organizer Tutorial
1) Supplies you need - chipboard (I save the inserts that are put into the packages when I order paper) or cardboard, paper, ribbon, embellishments, and hole punch .

2) Cut your chipboard to be just a bit larger that your cards.  If you have some really odd shaped cards or ones that will just not work, then there is no need to put them in your book unless you want to.  Cut both a front and a back section.  Mine measure 8 x 6 inches each.  Punch a hole in the top corner - this to to string your ribbon though, so be careful that you punch with the book to open and close the way you want it to.



2) Cover your front and back sections and decorate as your like.  This book is made for my son Morgan who just turned 6 years old.  He loves Star Wars, so that is the theme I used. I placed his name and the years the card are from.  You can cover both the inside and outside of the book, or just one side - all up to you!!


3) Punch a hole in the top corner of each card your wish to go into your organizer.  The order is up to you.


4) Starting with your front cover starting stringing the cover, then the cards, then the back cover and tie together with a simple knot.  Make sure you can undo the knot in the future if you have more cards to insert, this can be an open ended book if you wish it to be.  Also be sure to keep enough slack in your knot so you can open the book to see the cards in it.
 


I hope this has inspired you to keep those cards.  Maybe a fun little activity you can do for Valentines Day this year!!

Enjoy!!

Erin R.

3 comments:

  1. HOWDY! Thanks for the sweet comments on my layout for Frosted Designs. I LOVE your card Organizer!! TOO COOL! Thanks for sharing. I am now a follower of your blog! Have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOWDY! Thanks for the sweet comments on my layout for Frosted Designs. I LOVE your card Organizer!! TOO COOL! Thanks for sharing. I am now a follower of your blog! Have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea! I have alot of cards and this would be the perfect idea for showcasing them. Thanks for sharing this. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...