Friday, October 14, 2011

1st Day of School - Brandon **SiT and Frosted Designs**

My little boy Brandon started preschool this September at Christ Church School.  He is in the Toddler II class and loves it.  He thinks he is just like this big brother (Morgan is in Kindergarten) wearing his backpack and looking like a big boy!!  I took these great pictures on the first day right inside our house, and of course he is mugging for the camera.  The backpack was a bit heavy for him, so he was kind of fighting for it to say on, but he was determined to wear it like big brother does.  Too cute!!


I used a great sketch from Sketches in Thyme to create my layout.  You can enter in the challenge until the end of the month with this same sketch!!  Just pop on over to the SiT blog and load up your creation!!


I also made this LO for Frosted Designs.  They have a new challenge about using fancy trims.  I used a variety of trims under the "First Day of School" chipboard.  I cut each strand to about 2 inches long and then folded them i half and stapled them to stay folded.  I then tucked the folded stapled part under the chipboard to give it a starburst feel.  I picked trims that were fun and funky, but that worked with the colors of the LO.



So please pop on over to both of these great challenge sites and enter in the fun!!

Sketches in Thyme - sketch


Frosted Designs - fancy trim

Challenges:
http://paperplaytime.blogspot.com/ (59) anything goes 11/5

Enjoy!!

Erin R.

2 comments:

  1. I love your ribbon embellie!!!! What a great way to add ribbon to a boy layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely ADORABLE! LOVE all those bright, happy colors, and your ribbon embellishment is totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...