Tutorial for Twisted Nesting Flowers
Supplies: Glue, flower shapes (cut from a punch, by hand, or cricut), chalk ink, spray mist. cardstock, water in spray bottle
1. I used the following flower shapes, but any will work for this, they just need to be different sizes (2 of each size). For one size I even used a snowflake punch
2. Ink the edges of all the flowers with brown ink (I used dark brown ColorBox Chalk Cat's Eye Ink pad). Then mist with the water and crumple the ends of each petal.
3. Un-crumple the edges (make sure it is still damp from the water, and twist the tip. Do this for 3 largest flower shapes.
4. Take the 2 largest flowers and nest them into each other, but turned so the petals are not lined up. Glue in place.
5. Nest and glue the next size down pair of flowers together and nest that pair onto the first pair.
6. Nest the snowflake shape on top your stacked flower.
7. Mist with water your two star or sun shapes. Place them in your palm or on the table and push the end of your pen into the middle to curl your flower.
8. Wet your two smallest shapes and pinch them from the base as shown.
9. Nest each of the like size shapes into each other, then nest each pair together.
10. Place the last nested center onto the other nested flower group to complete the nesting process.
The last step is to mist your flower with paint mist (I used a very light spray of Smooch wood stain). At this point you can also use paint to darken the inside of the flower or the tips of the petals (like Smooch paint)
You can make these flowers any size by just changing the size of your flower shapes.
http://creativeinspirationspaint.blogspot.com/2011/04/ci-paints-inspired-by-spring.html - end 4/9x
http://diekreativenstempelfreunde.blogspot.com/ - end 4/17x
http://www.scrap-creations1.blogspot.com/ - end 4/11x
http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges - end 4/15x
http://stampinsanity.com/ = ends 4/10x
http://stampchallenges.blogspot.com/ - end 4/7x
http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.com/ - end 4/8*
http://wagsnwhiskersrubberstamps.blogspot.com/ - end 4/14x
http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/ - end 4/9x
http://trailmakers.blogspot.com/ - 4/16
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/ - end 5/6
http://mamidoodles.blogspot.com/search?label=challenge- end 4/14x
http://shopcropsuey.blogspot.com/ - end 4/20x
http://delightfulsketches.blogspot.com/ - end 4/7x
http://fairyknoll.blogspot.com/p/fun-at-fairy-knoll-challenges.html - end 4/7x
K Andrew's Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky - end 4/16x
http://prairiefairyfridays.blogspot.com/ - end 4/7*
http://simplycreatechallenges.blogspot.com/ - end 4/8x
http://sparklesforumchallenges.blogspot.com/ - end 4/10x