Saturday, March 19, 2011

Homemade Glue Dots

Tutorial Made for Sketches In Thyme

I love glue dots, but they get so expensive!!  I use them for everything, and I found this great idea out from one of my online scrapping buddies.  I know there has been a tutorial about his before, but I am sorry I do not remember where or who I got this from, but now I pass it on to you!!

Supplies:
1) Aleene's Tack it Over and Over - You can buy this at Michaels, JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, etc for about $5 US, and if you use your 40% off one item coupon for these stores even cheaper!!

2) Sheet of sticker paper (keep your old sticker paper once you are done with your stickers) you can use the paper over and over.  Keep all sizes, or just one big one, up to you.  ****do not use wax paper it does not work***


Supplies
 1) Fold your sticker paper in half, or cut it.  I find folding is better, than you do not have to worry about losing the top half and your dots sticking to everything.

2) Place small dots on the shiny side of the sticker paper (the side the stickers were stuck to before you peeled them off).  Make all sizes (the large dot on my paper is the size of a quarter).  Small dots, medium, tiny, have fun with it!!  Having different size dots gives you more flexibility in use when you need them.  The big dots can blob out as you see in the next pic.


 3) Let dry over night uncovered, you know when the dots are ready when they turn from white to clear.  Even if your dots blobs out like mine did, it is still usable.  Once they are clear and "ready' for use the dots can be pulled apart if they are too big, reused if pulled from one project to another, and they stick great!!



Make sure you store these dots with another sticker sheet on top or everything will stick to them (this is why I like to fold my sticker sheets in half).



One bottle of the glue will last you a long time.  I have made over 1000 dots, and I still have half my bottle left!!! 

These homemade glue dots are better than the ones you buy!!

Enjoy!!

Erin R.

4 comments:

  1. What a great tip, I'll have to pick up some of that. Glue Dots are too expensive to use all the time, but I still do it, and then get mad when I realize I just bought the package a couple of weeks prior and now am out again! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tip, I will have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea.
    I came across this looking for homemade wax dots. Wax dots are reusable and are great for hanging poster and kids artwork without damaging walls. You can find them on Amazon for a price...plus shipping... but would prefer to make them. Haven't found any ideas on making them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovlyy and great idea thnkuuuu so muchh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...